I LOVE a good eyeshadow palette. Who doesn't? They're usually a great value and can help make deciding what to do with your makeup a breeze. Plus obviously they're awesome to travel with.
Rather than just share with you my favorite palettes, I thought I would do a tag that's been going around YouTube lately...the Perfect Palette Tag! Amarixe recently did this video...that's where I first saw it. If you haven't checked out her channel, definitely do!
Without further ado...
1. Best Packaging. Gotta go with one of the Naked Palettes for this. They're compact, have nice big mirrors, and they each have a spot for either a brush or an eyeliner.
|Wet N Wild Comfort Zone|
3. Most Versatile. Naked 1. It's easily my favorite palette. You can do everything from just a wash of a simple neutral shimmer (Virgin or Sin), to something a tad bit more amped up with a nice crease color, to something really dramatic using the darker shades. You can even stamp on some eyeliner if you use the darker colors. You can't beat this one!
|Too Faced Natural Eye|
|Mac Evil Eye...notice my attempt to save it!|
5. Biggest Regret. Easy peasy for me. I wasted my money on the Mac Evil Eye quad back when it came out. I don't think I've ever used it because the colors are just terrible. No payoff whatsoever. I even tried crushing them up and reforming them, but it made no difference. It's such a crap palette. That purchase taught me to do my research before buying anything!!
6. Best Color Names. This was a toughie, but I have to choose the Too Faced Naked Eye Palette. I tend not to use this all that often, as the shades are all very soft and natural (I like some drama, what can I say!) but the names are super cute! The shades include Stiletto, Unmentionables, and Birthday Suit. (If I owned their Boudoir Eyes Palette, I think I'd have to pick that!)
|Image Source: Sephora.com|
7. Least Used. Too Faced Return of Sexy Palette. I had such high hopes for this because when I swatched it in store, it seemed fabulous. The colors seemed rich and velvety and I thought they would blend like a dream. I did my homework and read up on it, and found that most reviews said it was fine if you were willing to work with it. I would agree with that...it's a great palette if you have plenty of time to really work with the colors. Most are really shimmery and create a lot of fallout. You MUST use a good primer (even a glitter glue, dare I say for some!) and most need to be sprayed with Fix+ or another spray to get decent payoff. It's a fun palette, but it takes me 3 times as long to use it, so I don't choose it often.
8. Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island. Definitely Naked 1. The colors are wonderfully neutral and it includes one of my favorite blending colors...Naked. The looks you can do with Naked 1 are endless.
Hope you enjoyed! Please share with me your favorite palettes!
As always, everything in this post is my honest personal opinion. No affiliate links were used. I have not accepted any consideration for sharing these items with you. Unless indicated otherwise, all products were purchased by me with my own money.