Hello pretties! I have a quick post today to share with you my top 5 nail polishes this fall. I haven't picked up too many new bottles recently...not much really spoke to me this season. Instead, I've been shopping my stash and enjoying polishes I've picked up along the way. Here's what's been on my tips the past few weeks.
All my swatches are 2 coats of polish, without a base or top coat. (Please excuse my nubs of nails! A bunch of them recently broke, but I wanted to get this post up before we get much further into fall.)
|(taken in shade to be |
more true to color)
1. OPI I Got the Blues for Red. This was part of OPI's Chicago Collection, and I don't believe it's been made permanent, but it's still readily available online. (Here, on Amazon for $7 with free shipping!) It's just a perfect red - not too bright, not too dark. I also recently found what is almost a dupe for this shade...China Glaze's Adventure Red-y from the On Safari collection. (I got mine on cherryculture.com for $4!)
2. Essie Bobbing for Baubles. This shade was part of Essie's Winter 2011 collection, but it's still a fall/winter favorite of mine. It's a really pretty dark greyed blue. You can likely still find this color in stores, and it's still on Essie's website. Ulta has it in stock online, too.
3. Essie Beyond Cozy. This is one of the newer polishes that I picked up. I was browsing the beauty aisle of WalMart and randomly spotted this one, and I knew I just HAD to have it. This is from Essie's Winter 2012 collection, and I honestly don't know how I missed it until just this past month! It is a gilded silver glitter...the color is really unique to my collection. Two coats give you a completely opaque glitter. Removal is what you would typically expect with glitter. This is a total top coat eater, so I wouldn't even bother with one. It's still available on Amazon for under $6 with free shipping.
4. OPI Alcatraz...Rocks. This is another new polish to me. It was released in OPI's Fall 2013 San Fransisco collection, and is a liquid sand texture. It's a blue base with holographic glitter and I absolutely love it! It's not done justice indoors or in shade, but get this gem in the sun and it really sparkles. It should still be available in stores, but it was very popular, so online may be a better bet if you want to grab a bottle. Ulta still has it available. Removal is a little easier than your typical glitter, but it still takes some work. This is another top coat eater, but it does look stunning with a top coat. You'll get great shine for about 24 hours before the top coat disappears.
|(taken in shade to be|
more true to color)
5. Revlon Plum Seduction. I am a huge fan of Revlon's polishes, and I always get them inexpensively at Ulta or one of the drugstores. (Online, Ulta has this bottle for $5.) This had exceptional wear time on me...at least 4 or 5 days with just some tip wear, which is unheard of for me, since my hands are always in water. The bottle color in my swatch is a little more true than what appears on my nails. It's a purpley-pink that is super flattering and pretty for fall.
So what do you think? Will you try any of these? Have you picked up any must-have fall polishes that I'm missing? Do you know of any dupes out there for these shades?
Thanks for stopping by :)
As always, everything in this post is my honest personal opinion. No affiliate links were used. I have not accepted any consideration for sharing these items with you. Unless indicated otherwise, all products were purchased by me with my own money.